- End fittings are Quenched and Tempered, bodies heat treated by normalizing.
- Hot Dip galvanized
- Turnbuckles eyes are forged
and elongated, by design, to maximize easy attachment in system and minimize
stress in the eye. For turnbuckles size 1/4" through 2-1/2", a shackle one size
smaller can be reeved through eye.
- Forged jaw ends are fitted
with bolts and nuts for 1/4" through 5/8", and pins and cotters on 3/4" through
- Modified UNJ thread on end
fittings for improved fatigue properties.
- Body has UNC threads.
- Crosby products meet or exceed all the requirements of ASME B30.26
including identification, ductility, design factor, proof load and temperature
requirements. Importantly, Crosby products meet other critical
performance requirements including fatigue life, impact properties and material
traceability, not addressed by ASME B30.26.
- TURNBUCKLES RECOMMENDED FOR STRAIGHT OR IN-LINE PULL ONLY.
- Lock Nuts available for all
- Comprehensive End fitting
- Fatigue Rated.
performance requirements of Federal
Specifications FF-T-791b, Type 1 Form 1 - CLASS 8, and ASTM F-1145, except
for those provisions required of the contractor.