- Hoist hooks incorporate markings forges
into the product which address two (2) QUIC-CHECK features.
- Deformation Indicators -- Two strategically
placed marks, one just below the shank or eye and the other on the hook up,
which allows for a QUIC-CHECK measurement to
determine if the throat opening has changed, thus indicating abuse or overload.
- To check, use a measuring
device (i.e. tape measure) to measure the distance between the marks. The
marks should align to either an inch or half-inch increment on the measuring
device. If the measurement does not meet this criteria, the hook should
be inspected further for possible damage.
- Angle Indicators -- Indicates
the maximum included angle which is allow between two (2) sling legs in the
hook. These indicators also provide the opportunity to approximate other
included angles between two sling legs.
- Chemical analysis and tensile tests performed
on each PIC to verify chemistry and mechanical properties.
- The most complete line of shank hoist hooks. Available 3/4 to 300 tons.
- Hook identification code stamped on each hook.
- Quenched and Tempered.
- Available in carbon steel, alloy steel, and bronze.
- Proper design, careful forging, and precision controlled quench and tempering give maximum strength without excessive weight and bulk.
- Every Crosby Shank Hook has a pre-drilled cam which can be equipped with a latch. Simply purchase the latch assemblies listed and shown on pages 97 - 99. Even years after purchase of the original hook, latch assemblies can be added.