Always Dependable, The Standard Tool Used Throughout The World
The Finest Quality Hammer-Type Cable Cutters
Here are the original portable impact cutters, invented by Morse-Starrett, and designed for one purpose, to cut wire rope. Actuated by striking with a hammer, they are simple to operate and do a superior job with only a few blows. These cutters are precision engineered to deliver a cut without affecting the original roundness of the wire rope. The blades and dies are made of the best tool steel available, heat treated and ground to close tolerances. No other similar product matches M0S quality of material and workmanship.
WARNING: Always wear safety goggles, use bands and read instruction sheet before using this tool.
For Cutting Wire Rope
Up to 5/8” – Model 1 designed for occasional on-the-job cutting.
Up to 1-1/16” – Use Model 1A
Up to 1-1/2” – Use Model 2
Morse-Starrett guarantees to replace – free of charge – any tools or parts that do not meet its specifications in material or workmanship. Performance guaranteed.
Other Quality Cutters From Morse-Starrett:
Manually Operated, Hydraulic Wire Rope Cutters, see Pell Hydrashear, Models W, P and C.
- A few strokes make a good, clean cut.
- This efficient, portable Hydrashear is a self-contained hydraulic cable cutter recommended by wire rope manufacturers and used by industries throughout the world.
- This tool is precision engineered to give a good, clean cut with minimum effort. Just pump the handle…no outside power needed. It can be easily carried to the job and anywhere to do its work.
- The blades and shear blades are made of the finest tool steel available, heat treated and ground to close tolerances, which means long life as well as superior performance. The models are available.
- Earth-moving and construction contractors, factory wearhouses, rigging lofts and elevator repairmen, use Hydrashears. All models will operate under water.
- Other Quality Cutters From Morse Starrett:
- Power Operated, Hydraulic Wire Rope Cutters see Pell Hydrashear, Models WRE, PRE, CRE, and MRE.
- Hammer Operated, Impact-Type Wire Rope Cutters, see More Starrett, Models 1, 1A, and 2.
- Power Operated, Prestressed Concrete Strand, Re-Bar and Chain Cutters; See Pell Hydrashear, Model S.